Use your GI Bill benefits through the Veterans Administration for computer training and certificationsFlag of the United States of America Use your Montgomery GI Bill Benefits for training  
gi bill
Benefits and Training
veteran administration
Veteran Resources
veteran affairs
Stories of War
Veteran Letters
Frontline Photos
Contact Us
air force
veteran training

Benefits & Training

Can I apply for my education benefits on-line?

The VONAPP (Veterans On-Line Applications) website is an official U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website designed so veterans can apply for benefits through the Internet.

U.S. military veterans, service members with two years of service, and members of the Selected Reserve can apply for education benefits.

When you use this site to complete and send an application to VA, your application will be sent directly to the VA office with jurisdiction over your application. Processing will begin right away, and you will receive a response from the VA office letting you know the status of your application.

Who should use VONAPP?

You should use VONAPP if you are a U.S. military veteran, a servicemember with at least 2 years of active duty, or a member of the Selected Reserve. If you have previously filed a claim for education benefits, use VONAPP only if you are filing for a different education benefit. For example, if you have used all of your benefits based on your active duty and would now like to apply for benefits based upon your Selected Reserve service.

If you have a pending application, don't use VONAPP to resubmit your claim. It will slow down processing. If you would like to know the status of a pending claim contact the Regional Processing Office by calling 1-888-GI BILL 1 (1-888-442-4551).

What form should I use to apply for educational benefits?

VA Form 22-1990, Application for Education Benefits

The information below lists things you'll need to prepare for filling out your application and evidence you'll need to mail separately as supporting documentation.

Information to Prepare Answers Evidence to send VA
1. Active Duty, Reserve Duty or National Guard Duty information Your DD Form 214 or other separation papers for all periods of service
2. If you entered active duty under a delayed enlistment contract between January 1, 1977 and January 2, 1978 A copy of your delayed enlistment contract
3. If you are eligible for benefits based upon service before January 2, 1978 A copy of your marriage certificate and birth certificates for each child
4. Certification for Persons on Active Duty The signature of your Education Service Officer (page 3 of form)
5. Members of the Selected Reserve Your Notice of Basic Eligibility, DD Form 2384

veteran job